Ruth’s Attic Bookstore at The Billy Graham Training Center at the Cove is now open to the public. Normal open hours for bookstore visitors are 9am-4pm Monday-Friday, with limited hours occasionally on Saturdays. Hours may vary depending on programmed events. Please call prior to your visit to ensure that it is open. The bookstore is always closed on Sundays. Procedures are in place to ensure compliance with social distancing standards according to North Carolina’s Phase 2 guidelines. Masks are required and temperatures are checked upon arrival. Visitors are encouraged to follow the CDC guidelines for being in public places. Of course, anyone with symptoms consistent with the COVID-19 should not visit at this time, though we look forward to hosting them when they are well. A full list of precautionary measures can be found at: https://thecove.org/health-safety-guidelines/. For more information on hours of operation, please call 828-771-4800 (ext.3).
This year's food drive for the Baptist Children's Homes of NC will take place during the month of September. The Buncombe Baptist Resource Center is a collection point for the food. A list of items needed can be found at https://www.bchfamily.org/img/pages/Needs_List_SEPT_-_Food_Roundup_2020.pdf. You may drop off items collected at our office located at 227 Hazel Mill Road, Asheville 28806 Monday through Thursday 9:30am - 4:00pm during the month of September. Just remember when churches, businesses and other community friends unite for this annual "Food Roundup," it feeds hundreds of boys and girls living at Baptist Children's Homes.
Do you have Hispanics living near your church and want to find ways to reach them? Gary Odom is available to meet with pastors, church leaders or come and speak on a Sunday evening to help you map out a simple plan. Gary has been a missionary with IMB in South America for nine years and has also started Spanish speaking churches in the U.S. He is currently contracting with the Buncombe Baptist Association to help churches in this area. You may call Gary at 828-620-1265 or text him. Gary is looking forward to hearing from you.
Bring your used Sunday School Literature, Bibles and tracts to the Resource Center. The materials will be transported to Harvest Seed Ministry of Mt. Sinai Baptist Church in Shelby, NC. We are receiving several boxes of used Sunday School literature from churches across our Buncombe Baptist Association. Come help us sort and box this material so that we can transport them to Shelby, NC. From there they will be shipped to many countries where churches need these "Love Packages" to lead believers in a deeper study of God's Word. The following is a list of items we will accept.
- Bibles: New, used, any translation, in any condition
- Sunday School Supplies: Quarterlies, teacher books, teaching packets, teaching pictures, etc. for all ages and all publishers, Children's packets should include just teaching help items and be in the plastic cover sealed shut. Do not send any handiwork or crafts the children have made.
- Reference Books,& Commentaries, Devotionals,VBS Kits (Complete Kits), Christian Books & Paperbacks
- Media (CD's DVD's, B Blu Ray, Music, Movies Teaching and etc.)
- Hymnals & Musicals
- Puppets, Bible Games, Biblical Puzzles, Nativity Sets, Noah's Ark
Sorting Used Literature & Bibles: (Local Volunteer Work that Impacts International Missions)
- THERE ARE NO SORTING DATES FOR THIS QUARTER AT THIS TIME: (Each sorting date begins at 10:00 am)
- Please call the Baptist Resource Center at 828-252-1864 to let us know you are coming (individual, small groups)
Thank You, Diana Brewer, Missions Mobilization Assistant